lunes, 20 de junio de 2011

World Wise Schools Program and a big GRACIAS to Seminole Middle School!

I’ve been participating in the World Wise Schools Program since my service began in here Peru. The program is WONDERFUL to inform classes in the United States about the Peace Corps! One of my dear friends from the states, Ginger, has a mother who teaches archeology and gifted at Seminole Middle School - Professor Deborah Love. Basically, I correspond with her class by sending monthly letters about my experiences, my work, the culture here in Peru, and the Peace Corps - with pictures, videos, and other goodies for the students. They have classroom discussions about the things that I send to them, and they write me back individual letters.

Well this week, I received an incredible donation from her class at Seminole Middle School. 5 boxes filled with books, training materials, pens, pencils, erasers, paper, notebooks, book covers, videos… tons of stuff!

Inventory of Materials Received:



This morning, I divvied out the materials as I saw fit - separating them to give to the Inicial I’ve been working with in Munana, and to the Primaria and Secundaria here in Catache.

Inicial Materials:



Primaria Materials:



Secundaria Materials:




And in the afternoon, I went to each school to explain a bit about the World Wise Schools Program and hand out the donations. Both the teachers and students were more than excited!

Giving the Materials to the Inicial in Munana:





Opening the Box with the Director of the Primaria:



With the Director in the Primaria - 1st Grade Class:




Giving the Materials to the Primaria:







The Secundaria:



Words cannot express how grateful I, the teachers, and the students were to receive all of these materials! The most enormous “thank you!” to Deborah Love, her class, and all of Seminole Middle School from myself, Catache, and Munana!!! GRACIAS!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario