martes, 26 de julio de 2011

here comes the sun…

last sunday afternoon, my host mom told me it was FINALLY time to move to my new room upstairs (she’s been promising this to me since the end of last year)! as i was organizing my clothes, i tried on my jeans i brought with me from the states (as i do about once a month - just to see if i can zip them up) - and guess what?!?!? - another plus!!! - THEY FIT!!!!!! finally, i’ve lost my papas y arroz weight!!! double yippie!

i spent the whole rest of my day and night moving and organizing my new, beautiful, huge room up on the 4th floor! it has windows overlooking my breathtaking Catache mountains! air and light! my old room was so teeny and had no windows - it was basically a closet. but, now - for the last year of my service - i will live in such comfort and happiness!

walking into my room:

around the corner is where you enter my new room:

my bed:


my bookcase/clothing nook:

my windows:

sunset views:



however, through my windows the next morning, i discovered that the strong sun of Catache begins to rise over my beautiful mountains at around 7am. (i should get curtains, i thought.) so, i went downstairs super early for breakfast, thinking of some sort of solution for this. then it hit me! i ran upstairs, so excited! with all of my windows wide open, from exactly 7:30 - 8:30am, the sun perfectly hits my bed at an angle to where i can lay for an hour and soak up some rays! what a wonderful way to wake up in the morning!!! and being on the 4th floor, no one can see me! today, my english class was cancelled (no school for the rest of the week - for fiestas patrias - until after the anniversary of Catache - towards the end of august). so, i soaked up the sun again (trying to put some color on this pale skin of mine), and listened to some music…

“here comes the sun
here comes the sun
and i say,
it’s alright…”

good morning, world!

sunrise views:


video of my new room:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario