miércoles, 23 de marzo de 2011

pavos and panties.

23 Marzo 2011

one of the many luxuries of living back in the states is the use of a laundry machine. here in the campo (and actually, in pretty much all of peru), people do their laundry by hand. luckily, we have a few ladies in Catache who wash clothes for very cheap. of course, that just leaves the panty washing to me, which is probably the most dreaded weekly thing i have to do. not that my panties are disgusting by any means, but you get the idea. one big bowl with soap to scrub them clean, another 2 bowls to rinse, and then they’re out on the line to dry. it’s time consuming - and it just isn’t any fun.

so, today - among other things - was panty washing day.

my friend and fellow volunteer, andrew, called me in the middle of my panty washing. we chatted for a bit, and then the end of our conversation went like this:

me:  whelp, i’m going to get back to my panty washing.
(turkey gobbling on andrew’s end of the phone)
andrew:  yeah, you do that. and i’m gonna chase this turkey that just got out of the corral.

and this is normal.
oh, what unusual lives we have now-a-days!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario